The flavors of Spain and Italy shine in this easy and elegant sandwich. We love that this recipe maintains the complete integrity of the essential oil, as it is used in a raw application. Our cheese of choice is one made from sheep raised on La Mancha in Spain. Manchego has a wonderful nuttiness and texture which plays splendidly with the piquant flavor profile of the Basil essential oil.
It’s not always easy to find a healthy sandwich these days, but these Manchego sandwiches provide surprising health benefits to help you feel full and well-nourished at the same time.
Peppers: This vibrant vegetable includes an antioxidant known as lycopene, which fights against free radicals and might help prevent certain types of cancer—particularly prostate cancer in men.
Garlic: According to the National Library of Medicine, garlic can be helpful for conditions regarding the blood system and heart, like high cholesterol, heart attacks, heart disease, and hypertension.
Arugula: Adequate amounts of iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and manganese are found in Arugula, which can help support a healthy immune system. A stronger immune system makes it easier to fight off colds or the flu.
Basil Marinated Roasted Pepper and Manchego Sandwiches
- Add truffle oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and Basil essential oil to a small, flat-bottomed container.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add peppers to the mixture and swill around in marinade until peppers are thoroughly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors some time to develop.
- To assemble the sandwiches, first add a layer of arugula, then a layer of Manchego, then the roasted peppers.
- Top with more arugula and drizzle with the marinade.
- Top with the top half of the ciabatta and cut into individual servings.